Inspiring Summertime Curricula
Each summer BNS offers several week-long programs. Each week is theme-based, providing students an in-depth look at a particular area such as geology, theater, space. The Summer Scholars Program is open to the general K-5 community (in addition to, but not limited to, our year-round students). These programs are typically for elementary students, but we occasionally offer special programs for middle school students. Summer Scholars instruction runs from 9:00 until 3:00, Monday through Friday, with after-program care is available until 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. Participants need to bring a bag lunch and snack. No candy or soda please.
2017 Summer Scholars Programs
This year, we have five summer sessions for children ages 5-12, and three sessions for middle school students:
- You the Artist (June 12 - June 16) ***FULL***
- Game On! - for middle schoolers (June 12 - June 16) ***FULL***
- Are You Game? (June 19 - June 23)
- All About Art! - for middle schoolers (June 19 - June 23)
- ¡Hablo Español! (June 26 - June 30)
- We the People (July 3 - July 7)
- Math Unplugged (July 10 - July 14) ***FULL***
- Math Unplugged - for middle schoolers (July 10 - July 14) ***FULL***
Download the brochure for other details about the Summer Scholars Program.
The cost is $170 for each session. There is also a $10 art supply fee for "You the Artist," and a $15 art supply fee for "All About Art." Acceptance is on a first-come basis. If the session you are interested in is marked "FULL," please email email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list. Thank you!
The topics for Summer Programs change every year. In past years, some topics have been Moving West, Art in Action, Acting Out, Occupy Oceans, Amazing Artists, Passport to the Pyramids, Chemistry Cooks, Art Explosion!, Bugs Rule, Poetry Power, Go Green!, Dollars and Sense, and How Perceptive!